Friday, April 07, 2006

ITK + VTK Compiled

After a long haul, VTK and ITK finally compiled. The problem was with having VTK not installed properly on my machine. The thing with open source software is that the installers (if any) are not that great. Sometimes, as it did with me, it installed a version of VTK that was not fully compatible to run on my OS. The best thing to always do is to download the source and compile it using your compiler. That's what I did with VTK, when I realized that it was not working with ITK. There were also problems with Project (ITK), and things needed to be updated. I also had to install FLTK in order to install rview. rview apparently doesn't work without FLTK. There are also other little things that I should be careful about: for e.g. turn the Advanced options on when CMake-ing, and make sure you have put the GL/gl.h and glut32.lib files under your compilers lib folders (such as vc7/lib). However, as a piece of advice, the best thing to do is to read the errors carefully when compiling ITK and to stay calm when errors > 100 show up (after which vc .net stops compiling further :(( )


No comments: