Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Experimenting with Region Growing methods

I have slacked off a bit due to tasmia's arrival to London and my exams. I havent been working for the past 4 days (which incl. 2 days of the weekend). I was able to install Visual studio 2005 at home, so which means I will be able to work on my experiements from home. My Google interview is soon, and so I will have to prepare for that as well.
I will be reading Region growing based techniques for volume visualization by R. Huang et. al. They have used simple statistics for region-growing criteria selection. I might get better results than the ones I have below (using simple thresholding).


I have used a recursive algorithm which uses a two-part threshold. The recursion is on the 6 neighbors of a voxel (2 in each direction -> 2 in x, 2 in y and 2 in z). The image above is a MIP rendering of the volume. The segmented region is show in dark one-color green.

No comments: