Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Oxford Uni. for Spring school

I spent a week (Mar 19- 24) at Oxford attending lectures given by some prominent researchers in the field of medical imaging. It was a great learning experience, and I enjoyed my time greatly. For any one interested in the Oxford Spring school, here's the link to their webpage.

The entire conference costs around 500 pounds, and the accomodation is included. We were given accomodation at St. Anne's College. It is a good idea to take your laptop with you. I survived the whole one week without a computer.

I met some people there who are also new researchers in the field of medical imaging. Notably, Arif Asif Qazi at the IT university of Denmark, and others. It was funny that I met a few people from Imperial College for the first time there. Ioannis (neurologist) and Mustafa Anjari (medic) are both working at the Hammersmith hospital, which is also a part of Imperial College.





No comments: